Straight American Bourbon Whisky
The limited single barrel release was distilled in Indiana at MGP with a heavy wheat mash bill. We've finished it in a New Zealand ex-Marlborough pinot noir cask to round out the profile and add some dark fruity flavours.
What is the Explorer Series?
Like the explorers who came before and those who ventured to the area near Herrick Creek in search of the Moose, we too want to explore the world. in that spirit, we're selecting whisky from around the world, from different distillers and categories, to release here in New Zealand.
As our First Whisky Release at Herrick Creek Distillery, this batch will help us continue to procure future Explorer Series releases, as well as build our own New Zealand Whisky inventory.
- Strength: 50% ABV or 100 Proof
- Mash Bill: 51% Corn, 45% Wheat, 4% Malted Barley
- Distiller: MGPI Indiana
- New Barrel: 200L Speyside Cooperage, Kentucky
- Aged in New Oak: 2 years, 6 months, 20 days
- Finishing Barrel: 225L Sylvain Grande Reserve Ex-Marlborough Pinot Noir